Her name is Janet. I have recently taken a liking to this most beautiful person. However, I am sort of aloof, and I'm not sure how to go about this situation.

I figured it would be nice if I went to a cross country meet in which she was running. This seemed to be a good idea. Unfortunately, I was out late the night before, and I slept through my alarm. I woke up just as the girls race started. Bad timing. I got out of bed and threw on some clothes and my rollerblades. I skated hard for Schenley Park.

I was unaware of just how big Schenley Park was. It took me the better part of an hour to find any part of the race. When I found the track, the guys were racing. I missed the girls. I watched where the guys ran to, and I attempted to find the finish line. Eventually I got to the finish, however everyone was done racing.

I sat to loosen my blades as my feet hurt after an hour and some more of hard blading. As I sat alone with my sorrow for having messed up she walked by me. She sat down beside me. She talked to me. She was happy I came. We began talking for a little bit, until her coach told her that he was driving back to campus and offered her a ride. That left me alone again.

But hey, she appreciated my attendance, no matter how tardy I had been. She liked that I had supported her.