When Iwoke up this morning, I was confused as to whether my dream was a dream, or whether my dream was a cold reality and I woke up the next morning.

My dream was supposed to be just another day. Only this particular morning I was awakened not at my usual Christmas break time of noon, but at 6 a.m. My sister had barged in the room and started packing my clothes. Fortunately this odd turn of events got my mind going allowing me to wake up faster.

I ask my sister, "What's going on? What's the deal with my clothes? Where am I going?" She informs me that a midwestern town has been nuked (I never learned what the name of the town was). Overnight some missiles were lauched and we were packing up to leave Pittsburgh and head out to my grandparents rural town in central Pennsylvania.

Thanks to my sister, my bags were packed. We got in the car and headed to the country. Once we were there we had to turn on the news media. Of course there were lots of camera crews shooting the rubble of the once great midwestern city. This makes no sense since the fallout would justify keeping far away from ground zero.

It looked similar to Independence Day when the aliens used their weapon. I watched as fires tore through buildings and homes. There were people trying desperately to escape, but to no avail. The scene was too much. I had to forget about it for a while. I retired to my bed for some much needed mental rest.

The next thing I remember was waking up in my bed wondering how it was I had returned home. I was trying to determine what day it was. The questions arose as to the reality of my dream. Did it happen, or what is thankfully just a dream?