I have a theory that my world is in some sort of time envelope, in which Wednesdays always go slower then any of my other days. Every hour seems to drag by like one whole day. Boredom seaps in on Wednesdays. Something happened to me today though that if you don't read on, you will skip the most interesting part of it.

I didn't have to work today, so I spent most of my day laying around and reading. I could hear the mechanical humming of the bulldozers outside my window on this sunny day. It's so hard to concentrate on reading when you have the constant humming in your head, so I decided to wander outside. My neighborhood is a developing one with houses popping up like daisies after a wet spring day. It can be slightly annoying with all the noise the construction machines make and all the pounding of hammers and screeching of drills.

Walking down the street I saw that almost every single house looks exactly alike except for a slight difference in color which I never really noticed before. I stopped for awhile at the end of the street, just to bask in the glow of the sun and listen to the whisper of the wind. I panned my view around where I was standing, like I was looking for something, but I couldn't see much. No one was around except a few construction guys, but that was a couple blocks over.

Suddenly, I saw at the other end of the street a woman. She was about 200 feet away, just standing there. She was dressed in a white flower patterned summer dress. She had blonde hair and I couldn't really tell her height from the distance I was at, but she seemed about 6 feet tall. I squinted to get a better look at her, but I didn't want to look like I was staring. She looked very pretty. Her skin was sort of tan and her face had a smooth complexion. It was weird just to see her standing there, staring at me, with absolutely no smile or expression and I stared back. I looked away for a couple seconds, because I didn't want to seem like some sort of staring weirdo. When I looked back, she was gone. I looked around and walked up the street some, but she was nowhere. I don't know if she was a ghost, an angel or just a very quick human, but whatever she was, she was one of the most intriguing and odd things I have ever seen.