In the fictitious world of Midkemia, as revealed in Raymond E. Feist's Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master (collectively known as The Riftwar Saga), humans can use magic in one of two ways: by long study and practice with a master, or by serving a god. In the world of the Tsurani, who invade Midkemia, there are 20 gods, not detailed in the novels. The Midkemian gods are given a little more attention, so the careful reader may determine some names and spheres of a few of Midkemia's 4 Greater and 12 Lesser powers:

  • Ishap, "The One God Over All", presumably a Greater power.
  • Astalon "The Builder" and "The God Who Brought Order", whose sphere is Justice; likely a Greater god.
  • Tith, whose sphere is War; likely a Greater god.
  • Guis-Wan, "the killer god". "Murder" is a likely encapsulation of his sphere.
  • Sung the White
  • Kilian, "Singer of Green Silences", whose sphere is forests, and possibly elves. Likely a Greater power.
  • Dala, "Shield of the Weak"
  • Ka-Hooli, whose sphere is Vengeance.
  • Lims-Kragma. This may be a place-name rather than a god; Lims-Kragma's priests are referred to as "bloody", i.e. bloodthirsty.

The priests' stewardship of their gods' divine magic isn't mechanically detailed. Some priests are said to be able to resurrect the dead, if the spell target has been dead less than a day, and the corpse is present. Midkemians don't attend holy-day services; all noted festivals are secular in nature. Feist refers to temples in passing, but makes no indication of the means of their support - presumably by bequests of charitable individuals, rather than a formal tithe system.