• Some of the books I want to loan out were stolen from the library. Mom makes sure I get receipts for them all.
  • I broke the thermometer (IRL, in the lab at work), but I forgot , so when I go to measure the temperature of the boiling hot {tea? coffee? soup?}, mercury drips on my hand. Oh no! if I don't wash it off, I'll have to get blood tests for mercury poisoning! I hate needles, so I wash with strong dish soap. Aunt Susan helps. There is still mercury on me but it's time for another dream.
  • The roach coach won't start - I suspect the starter motor. By the time I have made my diagnosis, the driver has closed it all up, even the U-Haul trailer on the back. I quickly select some candy and 2% milk; not what I really want, but it's all that's accessible. As I pay the driver, segue to...
  • public service message about keeping your purse closed and wallets in deep pockets so no one pickpockets you and you don't lose your rent money out on the street.
  • Christina Ricci is in my math class. I'm busy munching on a bagel (from the roach coach?), so it takes an agonizing chewing time before I can blurt out, "I hear you're very smart, you should have no problem." She smiles a sunshine ray on me before she goes to talk to the teacher. Another girl says "she's being weird, I don't like her." To this girl I say "I never met anyone I could really call 'normal'" - twice, because that mouthful of bagel is in the way again.