Stuff that seemed like a really good idea when you started, but then you got bored, sidetracked, discouraged, whatever. Now it's a file, a drawer, a shelf, some place out of the way. You stumble across its remains occasionally and feel a pang.
- molecular modelling kits, Lego Mindstorms set.
- Collections of CDs, books, comic books, magazines, games, software. Media packrat'ing.
- The keyboard, received as a graduation gift, thinking I'd teach myself music.
- A small horde of plastic miniature skeleton knights.
- Windows NT Server, used as a workstation, and Win95 file server. Tape drive - like it ever feels like a good time to make a backup. Teach Yourself LISP In 21 Days. Secrets of the Perl Gurus.
- Old romaine lettuce and half an onion in the fridge, because "salad is cheap and I like salad", but I never feel like preparing a salad.