This morning when I opened my eyes, it really hit me that tomorrow I graduate from high school. I never really thought about it before, not like I did today. It was always just an upcoming event that I had so much trouble waiting for, wishing the days away for, and now that it’s tomorrow, I wish I had another year before growing up.

I suppose it always happens that way, doesn’t it? Waiting a long time for some big thing that you want with all your heart, and then when you’re about to get it, you realize that the path leading there was much more fun than the getting.

I’m guessing that the reason graduation hit my like it did is because it means the end of a security blanket that I’ve had for 13 years. Every day, I knew where I’d be from 8 AM until 2:30 PM. Every day, I knew I’d see my friends, I knew I’d have teachers helping me get through, and now, that’s all over with. Sure, there’ll be college, but I highly doubt that people there will care whether I cry, pass, fail, or die. Ok, well maybe they’d care if I died, but only if it involved them and a lawsuit.

The point of this is somewhere between “seize the day” and “it’s time to grow up.” I’m really trying to say that all things must happen and all things must change, but there should be no worries, and no regrets, and most of all, don’t strive for the happy endings. “There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends.”