I'm sitting here now, in the semi-dark, with three cats staring at me, inwardly angry at me because I refuse to hand over my new parakeet to them. My desk is covered by various Tarot cards and decks and informational Tarot books, and there is a definite feeling of loss in the air. Things don't seem to be going so well.

My girlfriend got laid off a week or so ago, and since my web design business hasn't picked up, our only form of income for a while is my Tarot reading site (pinktarot.com.) Everyone seems interested, according to putty and the log files, but no one seems inclined to buy. This does not bode well.

We've long since returned our basset hound Hama, her being far to unfit for apartment life, and the doggie stress level for the Mizzy has dropped. Christmas, however, was horrible in my book, all because of Masu's father. I don't like him very much at all…I tried to, but when he stayed with us, he was childish and too distant to be of any fun. Example:

Mizzy: "I'm going to bake us some nice cheesecake! Lalala, happy Mizzy!"

Kate's Dad: "I DON'T WANT CHEESECAKE! I WANT COOKIES! I WANT COOKIES!"

Needless to say, I wasn't pleased. No one tells the Mizzy what to bake in her own home.

I know I haven't written in a while, and I've got to wonder about the new cliques around…who are all these new people writing new write-ups? I wonder if I'll know them one day. Has E2 changed in any way? What in me changed that I haven't written in, like, forever? (I can use Valley Girl slang if I punctuate it correctly. :P )

I miss some of my friends from back home. Instant messengers aren't the real people. I think it's about time I go home for a visit, as soon as we can afford it. I found out a friend I graduated with is now married and expecting her first child in June. June…my own marriage is set for June 8th. I'm glad I have no second thoughts or regrets.

There are strange men outside my window…banging on the walls, not trying too hard to finish the siding job on the apartment building we live in. They listen to music I remember from a year ago, swear more than my mother, and are very, very loud. They make me glad that I'm a dyke.

I've just read part of ansate's daylog and I say: "No comment." I don't agree with what anything did… the monkey shouldn't have gotten so attached…ansate should have cared more…cahla should have seen that ansate didn't need a new asshole. I don't understand how hard this is for some…it didn't work out for the ansate and the monkey…oh well.

Masu's out walking the dog, and the men are still banging away, worried about no work.

The Goo Goo Dolls are singing "Broadway" in my ears.

A huge cloak of gloom and depression cloaks the city and all the weathermen can say is "It's overcast."