There is no difference. Pride is pride, and hate is hate. In the end, the former usually leads to the latter.

Such is the case here, where we see a person saying that one group should not express pride in its identity, because of a simple difference in numbers, as though that had anything whatsoever to do with anything worthy of pride or of shame. Also notable is the "the majority always represses the minority" sentiment which is common in those who would rationalize their own hatred for the majority, rather than examine the reasons behind it and, perhaps, ultimately come to a better understanding thereof.

Finally, we see the blind eye being turned once again, with the statement "Nobody is being given the message that there's something wrong with being white, that they should be ashamed of being Christian, that they're inferior because they are straight. Yes, I know, fringe groups may suggest that, but they aren't really taken seriously." All people, including those in the majority, face these messages every day. One need only look to mainstream media to see messages against any given group; currently Christianity is the fashionable majority for others to persecute, but others can be seen if you know where to look. I could go to any college bulletin board in the United States with scholarship offers on it, and find at least one where I am denied its benefits simply because of my race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, et cetera. The simple fact that the target of the persecution has changed does not make it any more just or noble; it is persecution all the same. As I stated in the beginning of this post, hate is hate. If we are to see true equality, then such irrelevant factors as one's race, gender, orientation, religion, political affiliation, or other characteristics must not even enter into the decision. Currently we acknowledge people's differences, but no further progress will be made until we acknowledge that those differences don't matter in the least.