login as: mooquack
[mooquack] ~ $ cat homenode
I'm not going anywhere.
Need to reach me?
You can /msg mmq,
you can contact me on AIM sometimes with the very same username,
I am sometimes on Skype with still the same username,
and you can email me at email@example.com.
Your best bet is the /msg.
5/2/02: I updated my homenode. Did ya notice?
5/9/02: Added the chess game.
8/23/02: Having now achieved level 2, you should fear my rightous voting. Or something.
10/7/02: I have updated Kahn; the update is tangentially related to the DMCA.
11/8/02: Pretty complete re-write of my homenode. Yipee.
2/23/04: I wiped it again; removed the chess game.
3/13/04: Hit level 3.
1/3/05: Started the chess game again.
4/19/08: Killed the chess game again.
- I wrote about Ladd's Addition because I lived there.
I wrote about SE Hawthore Blvd because I lived near there.(deleted)
- I wrote about Kahn because I almost
live there, too.used to live there.
- I wrote about left because I was feeling witty. And I'm left-handed.
- I wrote about the world's most narrowly useful programming language because I thought I could do better than the existing examples.
- I wrote about a bus door mechanism because it seemed an interesting parable at the time.
- I explained that our words are backed by nuclear weapons because they often are.
- I wrote about Minerva because I know more about it than could possibly be good or holy.
- I daylogged April 9, 2002 because I could.
I posted my old Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn table of contents because it doesn't have one.(deleted)
- I wrote about Half-Life: Opposing Force because the existing writeups were just begging to be superceeded.
- I wrote about Total Annihilation because really obscure bits of game mechanics interest me.
- I wrote about the Ah-So because against all probability it hadn't been noded yet.
- I wrote about Cockpit because I was suprised no one else had.
- I wrote about MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries because, god damnit, no one else had. I re-wrote it later to make it much, much better.
- I wrote about pity this busy monster,manunkind, because it struck me at the time I first heard it.
- I wrote about Kali because I wrote about Kahn. They are connected; they are as one.
- I wrote about the Quake shareware CD because it is one of the best examples of bad timing that I have ever seen.
- I wrote about Ukrainian Poker because it is one of my favorite card games.
- I wrote about Clue Master Detective because this game and I go way back... and I've never even played it.
- I wrote about 9 because this number stalks me.
- I wrote about Megalopolis because it solves a problem.
- I wrote about Vivendi Universal for the suprising reason that no one else had.
- I wrote about Gunman Chronicles because (I see a pattern here) it was yet another game no one had covered yet.
- I wrote about the computer mouse as the result of a quest.
- I wrote about video game music to beat Anatole to the punch. Ha!
- I wrote about the grand jury in response to the very same quest.
- I wrote about Starcraft: Ghost because I expect great things from this game.
- I wrote about Morrowind because this game is proceeding to systematically eat my life.
- I wrote about Red Faction to clear up its origins.
- I wrote about The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask to give the game the writeup it deserves.
- I explained how to open a stuck jar because it's one of the most useful skills I have.
- I wrote about Master of Orion 3 because it
doesn't exist yetexists.
- I wrote about Independence War 2 because it isn't Freespace 2.
- I wrote about Axis and Allies because I rather like the board game.
- I wrote about Command & Conquer to fill a void. (And, later, because I bought the damn thing.)
- I wrote about Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun for the same reason I wrote the next one.
- I wrote about Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 for the same reason I wrote the last one.
- I wrote about The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest because its title is FAR TOO LONG.
- I ranted about the first-person perspective because.
- I wrote about Command & Conquer: Generals becuase (get this) someone else already had.
- I wrote about The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker because I kept bitching and bitching at people until I did.
- I wrote about Freespace 2 because it is.
- I wrote about Enter the Matrix as part of a plot to take over the world. BWAHAHA!
- I wrote about Steam as part of Valve's plot to take over the world. BWAHAHA!
- I wrote about Tribunal just to show that Webster 1913 guy who's boss.
- I wrote about Bloodmoon because there's bears 'n' shit.
- I wrote about GamingFM because I also wrote video game music.
- I wrote about Errant Story because I rather enjoy reading it.
- I wrote about Metal Gear Solid to actually say something about the game.
- I wrote about Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes because I am a consumer whore.
- I wrote about Command & Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour because those minigunners rock.
- I wrote about Tad Williams because I love that goddamn author.
- I wrote about The Temple of Elemental Evil because, ack! You are drunk!
- I wrote about Skype because it does what it does and it does it well.
- I wrote about Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas because running over people is fun.
- I wrote about Half-Life while trying to write about Half-Life 2.
- I wrote about Half-Life 2 to talk about Steam.
- I wrote about Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game, even though it's no Settlers of Catan.
- I wrote about Jak 3 because, eh, it was fun.
- I wrote about Mercenaries because that is its name.
- I wrote about the Revolution because, eh, why the hell not?
- I wrote about the new version of Inform because it's really damned cool.
- I wrote about D so I could have my shortest writeup title yet; uh, except for that other one.
- I daylogged May 17, 2006 to talk about Everygame.
- I wrote about templates to talk more about D.
- I daylogged March 17, 2007.
Here's my ekw theme:
This homenode is printed on recycled paper.
[mooquack] ~ $ logout