Stone Cold Steve Austin had a falling out with WWE in June of 2002. He had no-showed 2 weeks of shows following WrestleMania X8 in March in protest of WWE's plans for him, but those differences were smoothed over and Austin made a return to TV.

Then, in June, Austin walked out again after a dispute with Vince McMahon, who asked Austin to lose to Brock Lesnar in a King of the Ring qualifying match. Austin balked, and he and his wife, Debra, got on a plane and flew back to Texas. WWE made a huge effort to bury Austin, including having The Rock cut a promo telling all the unhappy wrestlers to "Get the F out". WWE Confidential then aired a piece bashing Austin for walking out.

Austin's problems continued to mount with a domestic violence arrest, where Debra told the police Austin had struck her. Austin filed for divorce several weeks later, but he and Debra apparently reconciled and underwent counseling. In November of 2002, Austin pled no contest to the charges, and was given a year's probation a sentenced to community service.

With Austin's legal problems seemingly resolved, speculation on the Internet seems to be pointing to a return to the WWE sooner rather than later. This is fueled by comments by Jim Ross and Linda McMahon, in which they both expressed that Austin is a "good friend".

UPDATE!:Stone Cold returned to WWE at the No Way Out pay-per-view event in February, 2003. He defeated Eric Bischoff in five minutes with three Stone Cold Stunners. Now, what happens next is going to be rather interesting...