History

Building on a tradition dating back to 1741 in the Gotland region of Sweden Gotlandssnus has pushed forward the rapidly growing market for snus not only in it's homeland, but on the international stage.

Boasting that its small size is its greatest strength, Gotlandssnus proudly is produced using the knowledge of three generations of snus experience. The products that it produces has became much loved by snus connoisseurs due to its strong, traditional taste.

Keeping itself anchored in tradition has not stopped Gotlandssnus for searching for advances in snus production techniques. With the assistance of Kent Sänd, a well regarded researcher and expert in snus, Gotlandssnus's products have some of the lowest recorded carcinogenic nitrosamines within the entire snus product family.

Gotlandssnus, despite having a firmly entrenched family of products, continues to expand its product line with its most recent addition being Jakobssons Snus. However, the firm has never lost is sight of quality, which has made it one of the most popular niche producers of snus in Sweden.

Products

Gråsnus

The first product to roll over Gotlandssnus's production line, Gråsnus utilizes the smooth flavor of anise to give the user a refined, and very traditional, snus experience.

Available Formats

  • Loose
  • Original Portions

Gulsnus

Yet another traditional flavored snus, Gulsnus imparts a strong tobacco taste, but is balanced to ensure a pleasurable experience.

Available Formats

  • Loose
  • Original Portions

Grönsnus

Grönsnus uses the fresh taste of Elder to give the user an impression of the lush, green foliage of the Gotlands region.

Available Formats

  • Original Portions

Julesnus

Only available around Christmas, Julesnus reminds its users of the chilly winter season with a strong snus tasting of spiced rum and candies. It has become a tradition in many a snusers home.

Available Formats

  • Original Portions

Jakobsson

Only recently released, and anticipated by many Jakobsson was a special project within the Gotlandssnus company. Henrik Jakobsson was tasked with producing the firm's most traditional snus yet - and he had the knowledge and family experience to achieve this goal.

Coming from a background which has snus going back seven generations, Henrik drew on this experience to source some of the finest tobacco from across the world, including the Alida variety which is grown on Gotland itself. Using these tobaccos, Henrik Jakobsson produced two varieties of snus - one with a mild citrus taste, and the other with an soft fruit taste, with an icy bite. Both are being heavily marketed to catch the growth within the snus sector.

Available Formats

  • Original Portions

References

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snus

http://www.gotlandssnus.com

http://www.buysnus.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotland