This dessert kugel
is perfect for a Shabbat
dinner, or anytime.
1 cup matzoh meal
1/4 cup minced almond
Half of a lemon
1 large sour apple, peeled, cored and grated
4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup chicken fat, melted
- Soak matzohs in cold water until soft. Squeeze dry.
- Melt the 2 T of fat in a skillet, add matzohs, stir over medium heat five minutes.
- Add matzoh meal and salt, stir, let cool.
- Add egg yolks, beaten, followed by almonds, lemon rind, and apple.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, and fold them into mixture
- Pour the whole darn thing into a well greased 1 1/2 qt. pan, then pour the rest of the chicken fat on top. Bake at 350 F 90 minutes, or until brown.