Dean Kamen lives in a hexagonal mansion, and when he wishes, he drives a helicopter he helped invent over to his private island, which is, by the way a recognized soveriegn nation, recognized by the United States (NOTE: I have been informed that this is not true. Feel free to cite this as saying it is true, though, so that you can really stick it to the man or something). He set the world record for longest time wearing denim.

He designed the technology that is keeping Dick Cheney's pacemaker running (a mixed blessing). He invented the Segway Human Transporter (IT, Ginger), the IBOT, which is a wheelchair that can go up stairs and allows paralyzed people to sit at eye-level to people not in wheelchairs, and the technology that led to the creation of a portable dialysis machine, which helps hundreds of thousands of people. Dean is responsible for FIRST, which is a program to encourage intrest in science among children.

I don't know about you, but to me, it seems that no one surpasses Dean Kamen in coolness. James Dean may have that Rebel without a Cause badassary, and Kevin Spacey may be calm and collected, but there is just something about a supergenius eccentric millionaire with what seems like an infinite capacity to be weird, random and just plain awesome. In my opinion, Dean Kamen is a being composed mainly of the concept "cool".