I got some more RAM and an Airport card this weekend at Microcenter to try to breathe a little life into my old spaceclam iBook. Figured I'd install them here at work since I gotta pass my A+ certifications soon and I figure it's topical, right?

The good news is that the Airport card is in and working dandy, as is the new RAM. The wireless coverage in the building is better than I expected.

The bad part is, I'm not sure how long I'm going to be able to enjoy my upgraded computer.

See, right now I'm hiding in the equipment room off the staff break room on the 5th floor of the Baker Systems building on the Ohio State campus. I'm typing as quietly as I can because I don't think they know I'm in here yet.

IF ANYONE AT OSU HAS A GUN OR A SHOVEL OR SOMETHING BETTER THAN A CORDLESS DRILL AND CAN MAKE IT UP HERE, PLEASE COME GET ME I REALLY WANT TO LIVE! I HAVE A FULL TANK OF GAS AND CAN TAKE YOU WHEREVER YOU WANT TO GO! KTHX!

Um. Okay. I suppose I should really say that if you're near OSU, you should probably stay away. While I really want to avoid being torn into quarters and disemboweled like our floater Jeff, I wouldn't want anyone getting killed on my account. But in case you come looking, the staff breakroom is just down the hall from the 24-hour computer lab.

If you come, stay the hell away from the 4th floor. Everyone left in the Call Center is, um, a bit bitey. And a mite pissed off because I drilled a few of them. Thank god my cube is right by the cabinets with the tools, or I'd be soaking into the carpet like poor Jeff.

The battery on the drill is probably pretty close to dead. I've got blood all over me. I don't think Travis broke the skin when he grabbed my arm but I'm very worried.

Oh. If you get up here, please do a shave-and-a-haircut knock so I know you're not after my flesh. That would be nice. All I have in here weapons-wise besides the drill is an old fire extinguisher, but I'm sure we'd both rather I didn't jump the gun and squirt you.

All might not be lost; there's shitloads of CAT-5 in here; if I braid it I wonder if it would hold me? I can bust out a window with an old 486 desktop. The ground below looks clear, but I'm terrified of heights.

Keep a good thought, everyone.

G., if you can read this at home, please IM me. I'm terribly worried about you; you were awfully cold this morning. Get down in the basement; it's probably the only safe place right now.