I traipse down to my local record store, and begin to peruse the bins for something that catches my interest. Maybe I check on the price of an album that I have been meaning to get for some time now, in hopes that it has gone down, or maybe I know exactly what I want and head straight there.

I eventually find a CD I want. There is a sticker in the middle, but no matter, because I have found what I am looking for. So, I buy it and take it home. I get there, sit down on my bed, and examine the CD cover again, when I notice that sticker again. I can't see part of the front cover because there is a sticker in the middle that says something like, "Featuring the hits...". Or sometimes there is that damned Parental Advisory sticker.

"No problem," I say to myself. I can just take off the shrink wrap. So I take off the shrink wrap, and I'll be damned if that sticker isn't still there! So I try to take it off, and it inevitably leaves behind little pieces of the adhesive that I just couldn't get, and can't get no matter how hard I try. Sometimes I might succeed in getting it off, but not before I've totally scratched the plastic.

So why can't those bastards at the record company just put their whorish stickers on the shrink wrap? It wouldn't be anymore difficult, and might actually be easier. The only thing that putting it on the actual CD case does is piss people off. So, put the stickers on the shrink wrap, please.