Thomas or Tom Parker Bowles was born in 1974 and is the son of Brigadier Andrew Parker Bowles and Camilla Rosemary Shand. He went to school at Eton and then to Oxford University, is currently employed as the food columnist for the Daily Mail and Tatler magazine and is the author of "E Is for Eating: An Alphabet of Greed".

Tom Parker Bowles likes to play poker and reached the final of the Celebrity Poker Club Series 2 in July 2004. His celebrity is based on the revalation by the Sunday newspaper the News of The World in 1999 that he was a cocaine user and because his mother Camilla is now the Duchess of Cornwall, and so Tom has Prince Charles as a step father.

On the 10th September 2005 he married a fellow journalist Sara Buys who is a fashion features editor for Harpers and Queen at Rotherfield Greys near Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. Sara went on record as saying that her wedding would be "so humungous that it makes even Liza Minnelli and David Gest's global guest-listed nuptials seem like an intimate dinner".

Poor Sara. Her big day was quite overshadowed by an even more humungous wedding up the road at Highclere Castle in Berkshire, where Jordan was getting hitched to Peter Andre.