In Expendable, A.R.A.C.H.N.I.D. Global Enterprises — the world's fifth-largest Evil Organization — is infiltrated by a hostile secret agent. Regrettably, a few deaths are involved. Shortly thereafter, earnest young Rudy Rockwell gets a phone call from his Temp Agency, offering him work as a 'security associate'....

Thus are we introduced to the world of Expendable, a 15-minute film by David Malki !1 and Todd Croak-Falen. Expendable shows us the perspective of the guys2 in jumpsuits who are usually anonymous victims of James Bond and his ilk. We learn that they're just regular blue collar folks whose job carries a slightly higher risk of industrial accident than usual3.

This is not to say that the film lacks excitement. Far from it! Unbeknownst to Rudy, the super spy is incarcerated near Rudy's guard post on A.R.A.C.H.N.I.D.'s secret base4. A situation ripe with potential for adventure....

I'm in no way affiliated with Expendable. I just thought it was lots of fun. To the extent that YouTube permits me to judge, it seems to have production values on par with many more commercial efforts, not to mention a great story! I'd like to learn more about A.R.A.C.H.N.I.D., and in fact the filmmakers hope to expand their short film into a full-length feature. To see the 15-minute version of the film, you can check out http://areyouexpendable.com/a/ (external link).


  1. Creator of the web comic Wondermark, among other things. Yes, he uses the ! in his name.
  2. Only male guards were shown in the film. It's unclear whether this reflects a bias in A.R.A.C.H.N.I.D.'s hiring practices. Otherwise A.R.A.C.H.N.I.D. exhibits seemingly progressive personnel policies.
  3. According to the film, an 83% risk of a new security associate being shot by a secret agent within the first year of employment.
  4. It's not clear whether A.R.A.C.H.N.I.D. has had their base properly inspected.