Do what I do. Only celebrate birthdays when they're at a power of two. They're all milestones, anyway:
- 2: Useful self-awareness.
- 4: Fully mobile and ready for action.
- 8: Old enough for unsupervised activity.
- 16: Even more unsupervised activity, and with Dad's car, yet.
- 32: A good time for the midlife crisis. Have you made your billion¹ yet?
- 64: Retirement, a year early. Shame about the billion, but you're got your IRA/RRSP right?
- 128: Let's face it, you'll never see it.
Note the beneficial effect of spacing them out further and further. Thus it dovetails nicely with DMan's idea.
1. Dollars, not burgers, kids.