So your last billfold is running at the seams, aching to be put down and you've finally found a new-car-smelling wallet. It's time to take all those phone numbers and photos, credit cards and loan slips, large and small paper denominations and the rest out of your old wallet...

Here's where the struggle comes...Does the event happen at the pinnicle of a relationship - then you've got it easier...you transfer all the "memories" from old wallet to new...unless the wallet is of sentimental fabric itself - then I've spoken too soon.

Moving the business items over is fun, cause you can throw out the meaningless numbers of old managers and business cards of that guy who was arrested and the receipts stating that you did buy that soda 4 months ago...But then you might want the new wallet for the new clientel you meet on your new term of employment - setting a good impression for this fine new era of your life...

Or your wallet might have broken on a trip - business or vacation, this is simply another bad omen adding to a seemingly miserable experience so far...I'm not much help there...

But you have your new wallet. Pristine in form and too small? That's right you're evaluating what to keep and what to throw away...Where did those credit cards go? You had that whole little secret system - special, discrete...but now, you need to find a whole new system...you fumble to feel which way is best. That card needs to be here, this photo there...but there's no room for money now...!! Try again.

But it's a cool wallet - it ain't broken...But you do have to break it in...(...just like when you were a kid, with the baseball mitt...)