Dad had some minor surgery to remove some skin cancer. All went well for him, still awaiting the results. He did say off the record that he had the occasion to meet with an Aid to one of the State Senator's who said that Gore has been ensuring that Russia receives money after Congress stopped it and that this news is being witheld from the media until the election results are final because the news will most likely end Gore's political career. This remains to be seen....

Jimmy called yesterday, I don't know who it is. She wanted to know how I was...I was stunned into silence having no idea who this was. Flipping desperately through my address book as she talked, there was no one there by that name. Questions rattled through my mind.

Where do I know her from? How much does she know about me? What did I tell her? She said she had been thinking about me a lot this week. (What was she thinking?) I could only stammer into the phone I was fine, doing well...awkward silences loomed between her questions as I scrambled my brains to try and grab some flicker of recgonition....nothing...absolutely nothing came to mind.

I asked hubby and the boys thay have no idea, I read through my journals, but no one there named Jimmy. They stop suddenly in the fall of '95 and don't start up again until sometime in '98. What was I doing then? What happened?

I begin to think I've accepted it all. Events that grab me out of the past always leave me startled and wondering who I was when I knew them. Surely there must be a reason for this loss, I only wish someone could tell me why.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
Psalm 46:1-3 (KJV)

Devotion