There she is! said Howard as I eagarly ran up the stairs to the workout room. He remembered me and was waiting to sign his book. I've been there for a year and a half and he's the first person I've told my name. (Shame on me for letting the retired English professor call me Betty all this time. I'm shy, like my privacy, have been out of circulation for too long ~ pick one or all that's how it is at this moment in my life). I wonder if my children will find this droll accounting of my daily life interesting in the far off future. I've met and made some good friends in a chat room and have never had cybersex, I'm faithfully married, but not always happily, so now you know the real secret life of this housewife Anyway it's here for them to find and they know it. I digress, back to Howard. He asked me to show his book to Valarie our instuctor. They've been friends for eight years. So she has the book for the weekend to read.

In short Albert Camus and the Minister is composed of Howard's notes of lengthy conversations he had with Camus some fourty years ago. Camus was interested in Christianity and sought out discussions with Howard over a series of summers at the American Church in Paris. One item of interest that he did tell Howard that even though his contemporaries called him an existentialist based on his Fall of Man he did not really consider himself to be one.I'll node a short summary about it when I get the book back. I was disappointed to lean that Howard will be lecturing on his book in Alexandria, Va. I was hoping to hear him speak.

Still thinking about the idea of volunteer work and have gone as far as writing the phone number down on a piece of paper. Still trying to muck up the courage to call. I get cold sweats thinking about it.

My aunt says my last e-mail sounded like I was "searching for something." It's unsettled me, I'm not sure what her objective is. Is it prying into the horrible past of childhood or a sincere wish to help. At any rate it's struck a nerve with me and it's uncomfortable. I no longer talk about the past. It's too painful to rehash all that garbage, I don't want to live there anymore. It's written in my journals for those to find at a later date.

The testing of your faith develops perserverance.
- James 1:3 (NIV)

Devotion

PS The Alchemist Happy Happy Birthday!!!!