Yay!

Put on last summer's shorts to go for a walk and they're too big! Rehab and workouts have led to over a 30 lbs weight loss. Before illness struck I was very active. One doctor said I wouldn't have survived if I hadn't been so healthy. Now working out is to restore lost balance and strengthen bones, the tumor causes calcium loss to the bones.

Number One Son came home from school today, That's it Mom, I'm an adult now.

Mom's in denial, it went by too fast, way too fast....: No you're not!

Son: Yep Mom they're all gone my friends, voice cracking,today was my last day of school.

Mom: You'll see them this summer, where are they going?

Son: I dunno off to college, out of state.

We sit quietly together for a few minutes. I haven't seen him with tears in his eyes since he came home and told me about Mikey Macks' death. Kids don't come with directions and I stumble around in the dark.
He leaves for work and I vanish into the bedroom.

Sitting on the edge of the bed watching my husband shave. After twenty years together he knows I'm upset.

Husband: What?? he says suspicious, not sure if it's him.

Halts the razor in mid stroke with a hopeful gleam in his eye (I think it's a conditioned response to seeing a woman on a bed),

Do you want some?

Wife: (giggles), Noooo!

*pause*

____'s crying.

Husband: He's just got something in his eye.

I've heard him say this a hundred times, but I still grin.

Wife: I don't know what it's like for him....I moved and left so many friends behind as a kid that by High School it ......(hurt like hell, I think to myself)

Husband: I didn't cry when High School was over.

Wife: I don't know what to tell him.

Husband offers : Tell him life goes on.....

Maybe this is one of those times when there's nothing I can say to help him, just ask how's he doing, an extra hug .......

There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in.

~ Deepak Chopra ~


In Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
- Romans 12:5 (NIV)

O God, teach me to walk graciously beside others.

Devotion