A haphazardly busy day. I took Number One Son to church early this morning to leave for Church Camp in Showlow. He's the Athletic Director there this year. He spent most of yesterday trying to have a BBQ for his friends. Some will be leaving out of state to begin their college years. He spent $60.00 on food and was disappointed only three people ate. I told him to be patient, it would take a few times to get something like that planned and organized. We did enjoy the left overs tonight for dinner. Later on he left to go bowling with friends. He came back to get the car because one friend didn't like the idea that another friend was coming along.
Ryan says he doesn't feel good and arms akimbo Number One Son tells him he'd feel better if he had "eaten something earlier at the BBQ".... and that Marshall was a "good kid." (Marshall is only 6 months younger than they are, but going to be a High School Senior) My husband laughed at our son's grown up attitude, say You sound like Mom!. I thought inside to myself with some small sadness, He grew up in spite of me.....

Tended some old nodes today, linked them and eliminated the strays &'s I found. Made it to Taisé late, but I enjoy it so much. Went out early for my walk because the days are getting shorter and it's been dark by the time I get home.

I began my devotions tonight and found a small index card in my Bible with a list of verses. I asked my husband where the card came from , I didn't recognize the handwriting. He said my pastor wrote them down for me when he visited me in the hospital. I have a very dim recollection of his visit at a time I couldn't see clearly because of my illness, it may have been at a time I was very close to death. I look back now, it seems so far away...... so long ago and ... so hard to imagine.
Here is the list of verses my pastor gave me to offer me hope and comfort.

Psalm 23

Romans 8:31-39

John 10:7-18

Isaiah 42: 5-9
Isaiah 43: 1-7

Psalm 30

Under God's Wings

What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth? Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;

To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
- Psalm 30: 9-12 (KJV)

Devotion