Narcissists tend to have poor self-confidence accompanied by self-centrism. A narcissist is easily insulted and feels offended by all kind of critic or jokes. She cannot feel sympathy nor understanding. However, Freud's concept of narcissism doesn't include self-centrism.

A narcissist needs to be admired and the center of social situations. Poor self-confidence engages a narcissist in pompeus behaviour which often results aggressiviness. However, with aggressiviness and foolhardy behaviour a narcissist merely tries to convince herself being a brave person, and thus it's not so much showing off.

Because a narcissist doesn't have realistic image of herself, her social relations are so called mirror relations. Very often she is also manipulative and she lacks the capacity of deeply emotional relationships. Her relationships are tainted by shallowness, suspicion and wariness. Other people are just objects for a narcissist; instruments to adjust her moods. A narcissist cannot sense or express different kind of emotions, especially positive emotions. Instead, outbursts of negative feelings are common: anger, envy, revenge and malicious delight. She lacks social sensitivity and ability to draw conclusions from every day communication resulting arrogant behaviour and unability to adjust herself to different situations.

A narcissist suffers from lack of persistency and restlessness. She needs to have something to do, constantly. It's worth of mentioning that western lifestyle is very much parallel with narcissist personality disorder and therefore a narcissist cannot be spotted so easily.