Well, the dream started out with me bringing my kitten to the vet. That's when I flashed back to the previous week (in the dream, not rl), and recalled an incident my cat had at the dentist. His tooth was horribly decayed and they had to remove it, and through some sort of mishap, or carelessness, he died in "surgery." That's when I realize that the kitten I was bringing in was not the same cat, but a new one, a replacement. They were both very cruel, and seemingly sadistic. At a certain point in the dream *I* was the one whose tooth was being removed, and they were holding me down and I was struggling. I then emerged from the flashback and I was back at the vet with the new cat. I was terribly afraid of what they would do to him, but, and this is a little vague, he turned out fine. After the surgery they asked if I wanted to keep him overnight, and I agreed. So I started to leave, but after I was gone, I decided came back to check on him. I saw he was in a cage of very rough wire, practically barbed wire. So I said "what are you doing! let me take him home." but they wouldn't let me. They gave me some pseudo-medical reason why, when after surgery, if they place him in a cage they can't remove him for two days, under any circumstances. They even said that he wouldn't be taken out in a fire, because if they took him out he was as good as dead anyway. So I said, listen I don't care, just let me take him home, and they said to me "excuse me sir, don't get violent, we're only doing whats good for you" in a very firm, and condescending tone, even though I was *not* being violent. I told them I would call the police and they told me to go ahead, because there was a law regarding this very matter, and it was not in my favor.

The dream then segues into a hotel room, where there is a small, blond, slightly tubby, and precocious boy. Since he was so young he had people taking care of him, even though his parents weren't anywhere to be seen. It seems that he was a very important child, because the people taking care of him would follow him like a posse would, and even though they told him what he should and shouldn't do, it seemed as if he had the final word. So as he was going to bed he went to close the door, but then his posse (who at this moment were revealed to be Israelis Jews) told him that one shouldn't sleep with the door closed because he might do improper things. He was fighting with them over this for a while and he was leaning against the door trying to keep them out, when a zaftig woman slipped in, who had blonde hair the exact shade of the boy's. A single lock of her blonde hair was pulled down to her forehead. She was a grown woman and the child was only a little boy, but they were obviously smitten with each other. They were flirting, mainly commenting on each other's hair. The boy said that he liked how a lock of hair was pulled down to her forehead and he tried it on himself. He crafted a perfect piece and put it against his forehead, like the woman's. She was so impressed you could see she was lightheaded. They were becoming so enamored with each other when finally the boy just passed out. When he woke up he told the woman that it had happened to him before when he was at a strip club (weird) for the first time. He said he was very lucky that time in the strip club because he was chopping up sushi very quickly right when he passed out and he could've lost a finger. At this point, it dawns on the woman that she is falling in love with a child and she looks very ashamed of herself.


Regarding the cat: I just recently got a kitten, in rl, and the person who sold it to me (some stranger on the street), told me that he was female. So I named him Ginger. When I brought him to the vet, I found out he was, well, male. I believe that's where the part of the dream of my first cat dying and getting a replacement came from. Even though it might not make sense on a rational level, I have an intuitive feeling that the dream meant I felt that I was replacing the original cat. It turns out, I've named him Tobey. After naming him Ginger and then finding out he was male, I realized that animals don't have the same sort of gender differences that we're sensitive to, and because I was projecting all these female qualities onto him I actually viewed him as a female (in a human sense). So I decided that giving him a unisexual name would be most appropriate.