Beatrice "Boo Boo" Glass, a member of J.D. Salinger's fictional family of child prodigies, was--as the story goes--born around 1920 to vaudeville performers Les and Bessie Glass. She was the third of seven children, born between Buddy and the twins Walt and Waker.

As a child and through her teenage years she, like all of her siblings, was a panelist on the (also fictional) radio show It's a Wise Child, where the precocious Glass children were among the most popular contestants.

By the age of 18 she was in the military; this prevented her from attending her brother Seymour's wedding, as described in Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters; she implored Buddy to attend, at least, leading to the events in that story.

By 25 she is married to a Mr. Tannenbaum with a four-year-old son named Lionel, who, in "Down at the Dinghy", already appears to display some of the talents and neuroses of his aunt and uncles.

Boo Boo is arguably the most well-adjusted of Salinger's Glass family; she appears to be at peace with her world when last she is seen, a happy wife and mother. She appears, at least in passing or in flashback, in Franny and Zooey, Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour, an Introduction, "Down at the Dinghy" (Published as one of the Nine Stories), and "Hapworth 16, 1924."

The Glass Family
Seymour, Buddy, Boo Boo, Walt, Waker, Zooey, Franny.
J.D. Salinger