Plot Summary:

Jake Foley is a young, slightly geeky National Security Agency technician who harbours a secret desire to rise from his low-level position and become an agent himself. During a "freak accident" he is infected with nanites, which give him a dazzling array of superpowers, including "superhuman strength, lightning-fast speed, heightened hearing, razor sharp vision and the telepathic abilities to communicate with computers".

When Jake's newfound abilities are discovered, the National Security Agency places him at the centre of a new Special Ops team. But once he is thrust into his new role as a secret agent, Jake is forced to juggle his two lives as a superhero and a regular, twenty-something guy looking to enjoy life and find love.

Cast:

Crew:

Airing Information:

  • Premiere: September 10, 2003
  • Station: UPN
  • Aired: 8:00 PM CT
  • Ended: 9:00 PM CT
  • Air Dates: Every Wednesday
Source: http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-16751/

I stumbled upon this little gem of a show last Wednesday when I was bored and flipping through channels. I saw a geeky guy walking up to a computer with a suit case, and telling the guy he was going to repair it, so I just kept watching it.

Soon, I found Jake to be your average geek. He's got a job as Tech Support at the NSA, has trouble with the girls, and listens to Epitaph Records ("Punk") music (Judging from the poster in his cubicle). He's quite like me (Minus me not having a job.) So I kept watching. And it didn't take long for me to realize this show isn't an ordinary show, since he ends up getting just what he wished for: A job position at NSA Intel!

So far, so good. The show is pretty entertaining and makes me wish I had nanites in me, just like JC Denton from Deus Ex. I pondered writing more about the first episode, but I feared spoiling everything for anyone. So just go watch it yourself!

I feel this writeup lacks something, so if you can think of any improvement, please, please /msg me!