Grape Seed Extract is made from the seeds of purple grapes, and is taken as a dietary supplement in pill, tablet, or liquid form. The extract contains biochemicals called proanthocyanidins, which are thought to increase the uptake of vitamin C into the cell, making them powerful antioxidants.

Uses

Grape seed extract is promoted for various health problems, healing and preventive care needs, including:

The extract is also thought to aid in the growth and maintenance of connective tissue, indicating that it may help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and may aid in the healing process in wounds and various injuries.

Side Effects/Warnings

At this point, there are no known side effects to use of grape seed extract. It is known that response to the extract is dose-dependent; however, no serious negative effects of overdoses have been noted. However, always ask your doctor before starting on any dietary supplement. With grape seed extract in particular, be sure to talk to your doctor if you suffer from vascular problems such as arteriosclerosis.

As well as being a dietary supplement, rumour has it that grape seed extract can be found in facial creams and/or cleansers, probably because of its possible anti-wrinkle function.

I've also heard that grape seed extract is antibacterial, but I can't find any proof of that. If you do, let me know!


Sources:
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/alt/grapeseed_faq.htm
http://anrvitamins.com/glossary/grapese.html