Cheese is one of my favourite foods, I love to find recipes that use cheese in different ways and this recipe is a favourite. These parcels are just wonderful! They are creamy, salty, cheesy and sweet all in one bite. Heaven in a parcel! They are a no fuss entrée or can be part of a main meal with a green salad. It is a great little recipe that will impress without causing you to be overwhelmed with preparation.

Serves 4

Ingredients

Method

Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
With an extremely sharp knife cut the filo sheet into quarters. Brush with olive oil and place two pieces together at right angles to form a cross then layer the next two so you get a star shape. Making sure you have brushed olive oil between the sheets.
Cut the goats cheese widthways and place in the centre of the pastry. Dollop a heaped teaspoon of cranberry sauce atop the cheese.
Draw up the pastry around the cheese and scrunch together to form a parcel and brush all over with olive oil.
Repeat process for the next three parcels.
Place all the parcels on a lightly oiled baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
Serve at once and devour!

Alternatives

This is quite a versatile recipe. The parcels are quite large so you could use half the cheese to make more delicate parcels. If the goats’ cheese is not to your liking, Brie or Camembert wedges are a rich flavoursome choice. If you are feeling adventurous you could try a blue cheese like Stilton. If you like a little more bite, thinly sliced Peppadews instead of cranberries with the goats’ cheese comes highly recommended.


Original recipe can be found in Rose Elliot Vegetarian Supercook.
Thank-you to StrawberryFrog for his taste-testing of this recipe.