"A momentary diversion on the road to the grave"
Achewood is a comic strip created by Chris Onstad, and starring a collection of stuffed toys, animals, and robots.
The art is simple but effective, and the stories and dialogue are a peculiar mixture of antiquated and modern style, rather as though Tony Millionaire's Sock Monkey and the cast of Diesel Sweeties had had a child together.
The cast includes:
- Teodor, Lyle and Mr. Bear (teddy bears)
- Philippe (a toy otter)
- Ray Smuckles, Pat, and Roast Beef (cats)
- Todd and Blister (squirrels, respectively live and dead)
- Lie Bot, Chucklebot, and Vlad (robots)
Fan favourites are the naive and cute Philippe, and the depressed and suicidal Roast Beef.
Achewood is currently online at: http://www.achewood.com
- HERE COMES A SPECIAL BOY
- WHOO! I am DEFINITELY not afraid of the fucking POLICE right now!
- Why, oh why did someone have to screw a monkey?
- I love speaking English very much! I love it a thousand times!
- I was like BONE... BONE... BONE...
- Did you not hear, Lie Bot? Chucklebot is gay! He totally makes out with dudes now!
- i've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery just mowing us all down.