Television drama created by Ron Cowen and Daniel Lipman, about the lives of four sisters and their respective families. It ran from 1991-1996.

I remember the show always used to start with the sisters in a steam room, talking about their lives and problems, etc. At the time I considered this a truly excellent show, but after about four years of watching it, it grew tiresome. There wasn't a single bad thing that hadn't happened to this family, and with every new trauma, the show got more and more unrealistic. Some examples: leukemia, breast cancer, car accident leading to miscarriage, car bombing, multiple divorces, corporate takeover, rape, religious cult, drug abuse, and stalking. I must admit, these all led to interesting episodes, but the "Gimme a break!" factor was pretty high.

This show was a launching pad for a couple of celebrities. Ashely Judd and Paul Rudd come to mind.

Cast:

Supporting Cast:
"Denial has its charms. Facing the truth isn't always everything it's cracked up to be. All you see in the cold light of day is every wound, every betrayal, every dissapointment. Remember - love is blind for a reason."

-Alex Reed (Swoosie Kurtz)


sources: www.imdb.com, www.sisterstv.com