A strange thing happened to me today. I was sitting at work, stressing about the crashed boxen and incompatible router and switch I had to have fixed, when my phone rang.
"I.T. Services, this is K"

"K**** is it? It's Simon from Everything."

(brief microsecond of puzzlement of who the hell it is)

"Simon! How are you! You tracked me down did you! ..."


So Simon finally got hold of me and we attempted to get The Great Sydney Fraptabulous Everythingian Get Together off the ground. We organised to fill the nodeshell and work out details. So here it is.

ALL SYDNEY AREA EVERYTHING RESIDENTS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT EITHER myself OR simonc TO ALLOCATE YOUR ATTENDANCE OR NOT!

Sorry to shout.


I was finally fixing the broken boxen and herd them in to a respectable shape. It was 9pm. I was feeling good. I had help coming - thank you Soren - and everything was going well. I stumbled on some network cable draped across the floor and stumbled a bit. I put my hands on one of the boxen to steady myself, not noticing that Soren had taken out some of the screws to replace an NIC. So when I lifted my hand, I had these two little computer screws sticking out of it. Eeew! When I pulled them out, they had two neat little strips of my skin attached to them.

My left hand. Along with my toe (see here) I think it is official - the left side of my body is cursed. The wounds looked really cool though - it looked like I had been bitten by a vampire! Ahh, misspent youth.

Oh, and another fire alarm went off at 8:30 this morning. Just when I was about to get my morning coffee. Such is life.