A neutral building
in the hit 2002 game, Warcraft III
Almost omnipresent, the Goblin Merchant is the only place reliable and easily accessible in WC3 to source items for your hero. They offer a range of "basic" items, some available all game around, some timed (cooldown) for purchase so as not to unbalance the game.
- Potion of Health: Cost: 150, cooldown: 2 minutes, effect: Heals the hero for 250 HP
- Potion of Mana: Cost: 200, cooldown: 2 minutes, effect: restores 150 mana to the hero
- Potion of Invisibility: Cost: 100, cooldown: 2 minutes, effect: renders the hero invisible for 2 minutes
- Scroll of Healing: Cost: 250, cooldown: 2 minutes, effect: heal nearby units and the hero for 150 HP
- Scroll of Protection: Cost: 200, cooldown: 2 minutes, effect: increases armour value by 2 for the hero and all friendly units around it
- Wand of Negation: Cost: 200, cooldown: 2 minutes, effect: 3x charges of dispel magic
- Gem of True Seeing: Cost: 200, cooldown: 2 minutes, effect: allows the hero to see invisible units within his sight area
- Scroll of Town Portal: Cost: 350, cooldown: 2 minutes, effect: teleports the hero and others near him AND in his group to a friendly town hall - NOT to a gold mine
The following items are available at the start of the game:
- 1x Gem of True Seeing
- 2x Wand of Negation
Buy a Wand of Negation. I cannot stress this enough. Nothing like getting slow
cast on your troop and LOSING. With a wand, those problems go away. Also, you can get rid of annoying bloodlusts, inner fire and other beneficial spell effects on the enemy. Greatly undervalued by new players.
Town Portal scrolls are king. Buy one, then get in to a battle you know you won't win with a small attack force - teleport home, then lure the enemy to your base and counter attack with a larger force. Works well if you newbie talk a little (NOT smurfing) and tell them you are dead...
Mana Potions for spell casters, Health Potions for melee heroes - hell, Health Potions for spellcasters! Scrolls of Healing and Protection, when used at the right point in a battle, can win the game for you - save a little $$$ and make sure to swing the battle your way - a healing scroll that saves the lives of 2 BASIC tier 1 units has paid for itself.!.
Information gleaned from:
Copyright information is the property of their respective owners.
- My own lovingly played copy of Warcraft III