What a difference a day makes.

Didn't make it to work today... Don't ask why, I couldn't tell you.

Wow... got a Lan Party comming up in a few days. Get ready for Wastelan peeps - we're gonna really rock the Sun Dome this month..

Kinda odd, my car's the last place I've got to really listen to music the way i like it. Ended my CD purchasing drought today - acquired _Things_Falling_Apart_ by none other than Trent Reznor and crew. Whoa. Alot better than I'd expected.

As I was thinking about purchasing it earlier today, someone gave me a call. Of course, I was too busy listening to Bjork to hear the phone ring in the other room... But I figured I'd check my caller-id anyway, and she'd called. So I called back.

"Well, I'm gonna go out and pick up a CD, wanna come with?" "Sure, I'm not doing anything... Come pick me up."

So we went to the mall. She knows just about everyone there after working there for quite some time (until about a year ago). Well, that and she's quite the "social butterfly"... Anyway, it was kinda annoying to tell the truth. She even went as far as asking her friend at Sam Goody to give me, someone she didn't even know, her employee discount. Riiight. So we left pretty quick. "I've never done the mall that fast before, hehehe", she remarked on the way out... "Somehow that doesn't surprise me."

So we left. And I drove... And drove... And drove..... And we talked. And I listened to Reznor, I think she did too.

Chips and salsa... Tia's employees may not always be the nicest people, but it's one of the coolest places to go if you just wanna chill. Free chips and salsa, and you're set. :) We got to talking and stayed for a few hours, as is the custom with most Tia's visits. Then...

Tampa International Airport. The place where only four types of people bother visiting... One: Those passing through headed to (or from) better places. Two: Employees of the airport's many departments. Three: CIA/NSA/FBI agents looking for international terrorists. Four: Bored Tampa residents looking for something to do on a Wednesday night. As you can guess, we weren't a part of the first three.. We did get a chance to talk alot though and discuss alot of interesting things. I talked about music, Reznor, and Linux, and it really was interesting to hear about all the strange places she'd had sex... But I won't get into any of the aformentioned subjects here on e2.

We left after a few hours though. But while we were there, something must've clicked... The ride back was kinda interesting, and she'd already broke her curfiew. So we went back to my place... And . . . Well ... ... ... yeah.

Life has changed, and I think it's fun now. :)

Somehow things are different now... It's weird too, very little emotional involvement, very little in the way of commitment - simply a verbal agreement to keep things exclusive - and enough physical contact to make the two of us pretty satisfied with life. My morals are in tact and my dignity is still there, so it's not like I did something against my ethics...


Update-February 27, 2001: See today's daylog to make sense of the above statements. Well, okay, maybe not make sense of, it'll never make sense.

And anyway, things between me and Sarah have been over for awhile - it just took me until recently to notice it. She's evidentally got no interest in being close to me anymore, and if she's dropping me like a bad habit I don't see how this is any worse. Not my loss, and not my problem anymore. Still... Should I feel bad? Or even think about the situation with her anymore?

Guess so.. Stopped by her place earlier, and got a lil' taste of why I should. I've still got to be her friend, albeit one that's kept farther away than arm's length. Oh well, what can I do now?

So, yeah... What a day. Got a new CD, got to enjoy myself for once, and managed to keep myself together in the process.

I knew it'd take a certain something to kickstart my life. Seems like it's made at least a temporary impact... Now I feel like I've moved on, even though I moved on months and months ago.

Every day is an epiphany.

BTW, why couldn't I have picked up Telegram five years ago?! Bjork is really something . . else.


Another post-addition edit... Removed the names of the innocent to protect the, erm, innocent.