"Cochise"
Written and Performed by Audioslave
Taken from the album Audioslave released on November 19th, 2002
Running Length of: 3:42


Well, I've been watching
While you've been coughing
I've been drinking
While you've been nauseous
So I'll drink to health
While you kill yourself
And I've got just one thing that I can offer

(Chorus)
Go on, save yourself
Take it out on me
Go on, save yourself
Take it out on me, yeah

I'm not a martyr
I'm not a prophet
And I won't preach to you
But here's a caution
You better understand
That I won't hold you hand
But if it helps you mend then I won't stop it

(Chorus x2)

Oh, If you want
I'll see you in the bottom
When you crawl
on my skin
And put the blame on me
So you don't feel a thing

(Chorus x2)


Its pronounced Co-cheese, by the way.

Okay, it took me a while to decipher Chris Cornell's lyrics while listening to the song, and this is the best I can come up with. So they might sound a bit off or may be wrong altogether when you listen to the song. If you have spotted any glaring errors in the lyrics that you come across, please /msg me and I'll change it if I deem it worthy.

This song will appeal to you if you liked the musical side of the now defunct punk band Rage against the Machine or the vocal styles of ex-Soundgarden vocalist Chris Cornell (mainly because the band is made up of ex-Rage memebers and Chris Cornell). This band is a god send to anyone who loved Tom Morello's guitar work in Rage against the Machine, but hated them because Zach de la Rocha used to rap instead of sing. It reminds some people of Aerosmith's more heavier moments. Fans of Soundgarden should be able to find something they like.

Really, the meaning of the song is quite obvious, so I won't go into any detail on that subject. But you might want to know how the title came to be:

"Cochise was the last great American Indian chief to die free and absolutely unconquered. When several members of his family were captured, tortured, and hung by the U.S. Cavalry, Cochise declared war on the entire Southwest and went on an unholy rampage, a warpath to end all warpaths. He and his warriors drove out thousands of settlers. Cochise the Avenger, fearless and resolute, attacked everything in his path with an unbridled fury. This song kinda sounds like that."

-- Tom Morello

The song can be found on Audioslave's self-titled debut, released in 2002, as the first track.

http://www.audioslave.com