Wow. Summer. Gone. Again. I've had 20 of those now...

This summer was a summer of firsts for several reasons:

  • I had my first full-time job.
  • I flew in an aeroplane for the first time (and second, third and fourth).
  • I bought my own holiday for the first time (and second).
  • I wrote my first c++ program that wasn't an exercise or examination question.
  • I went to a gym for the first time.
  • It was the first summer I didn't go back home.

All the signs point to a severe case of growing up, but I'm not too sure. According to my friend Mark: You're not a real man until your shit smells like your Dad's.

It's now clearly the start of a new university term here. People were queuing out of the door of the off license yesterday evening, I have about 200 flyers in my pockets, and my food shelf has lots of free noodles and pasta sauce on it. It's also raining a great deal.

When I was a fresher it rained solidly for about 6 weeks. Welcome to Leeds. British weather is wet.

So my housemates are back. For 10 weeks it's been my house, but now it's been invaded. We've had two 21st birthday parties already, and my head hurts today. There is a large inflatable moose head on our living room wall. (Honestly).

I am a student and there is no escape.