LAWN-BOY

making mowing easierTM

For 67 years, Lawn-Boy has made mowing easier for
American homeowners. In 2001, Lawn-Boy continues that
strong tradition with a line of innovative and
powerful mowers.

For 11 years, this album has made CD collections better for
Phish listeners. In 2001, Lawn Boy continues that
strong tradition with the same track list of innovative and
powerful jams.

Always there when you need it most, Lawn-Boy can be
seen all across the American landscape. For
millions, Lawn-Boy is the easy choice. That's why more
people come back to Lawn-Boy than any other brand.

Always there when you need it most, Lawn Boy can be
all over the musical landscape. For
millions, it's a great choice. That's why more
people think this album is by Phish than any other band.

Easy to Start.
Easy to Use.
Easy to Maintain... so you can get to the more relaxing part of your day.

Easy to start playing.
Easy to enjoy listening.
Easy to maintain... so you can get to the more relaxing songs on the CD.

www.lawnboy.com & Jurph


Made in 1990, this album is Phish's sophomore album. Given its quality in the spectrum of Phish albums, it's a powerful achievement. Featuring more flavors of jam than Smucker's, more rock than a Flintstones episode, and slightly fewer pot references than Dazed & Confused, this album has it all. It's a great cross-section of Phish's abilities, and is sufficiently light-hearted to be enjoyable by almost anyone on a first listen. All the same, I can still pop it in the CD changer and listen to it, and I've listened to it... lots.

The cover features Jon Fishman's 1953 Electrolux vacuum cleaner--you'll hear him soloing on it (think of a trombone) during Run Like an Antelope. The disc is painted with a logo featuring the vacuum's hose coiled up, perhaps a reference to The Squirming Coil. Unlike Rift or A Picture of Nectar, there's no real meaning behind the title; like everything about this album, it's meant to be enjoyed at face value. Stoners may note the reference to "grass", though...

The music runs the gamut of Phish's experience, sliding from style to style within songs as much as between. Almost every song is a phan favorite when played live, from The Squirming Coil's beautiful piano solo ending, to the horns and harmony on Split Open & Melt, through the classic vocal jam at the end of Bouncing Round the Room. Reba's funky lyrics owe a debt to George's Marvelous Medicine, and Bathtub Gin pays a quick tongue-in-cheek tribute to Gershwin. Run Like an Antelope is this album's anchor, a ten-minute freeway with a tiny couplet and some gibberish Spanish for lyrics; like The Divided Sky, it shows off Phish's ability to stick together and release all the energy built up during a song in one furious lightning strike. Oh, and the title track is a fitting counterpart to My Sweet One: name one other album where you get rock and roll, Gershwin, bluegrass, and lounge lizard music all on one disc. Like Houses of the Holy, this album shows off all the sides of the performers.

Phish has a reputation for being better live than on the studio albums, but if you want to know what all the fuss is about or you can't take the noodling, pick up a party platter: Lawn Boy.


  1. The Squirming Coil
  2. Reba
  3. My Sweet One
  4. Split Open and Melt
  5. Oh Kee Pah Ceremony
  6. Bathtub Gin
  7. Run Like an Antelope
  8. Lawn Boy (lyrics above)
  9. Bouncing Around the Room

Junta -=*{Lawn Boy}*=- A Picture of Nectar