He fell through the ice yesterday evening at about 6:30 PM. Snowmobiling with friends on the Red River and all three of them decided to turn around under the bridge; only two made it. Two turned around to find a hole in the ice and their friend going into the water.

They went for help and ten minutes later, emergency personnel arrived on the scene. Divers went into the icy water, but the current was too strong, and they had to abandon the search for the evening. They recovered the snowmobile, but there was no sign of the young man. It was around 9:30 PM when the police publicly stated that it didn't look good. Then the phone calls started.

The media broadcasted that a teenager had gone through the ice, but did not release a name. Frantic teens and parents began searching for their friends and their children. When his identity was released, the shock and disbelief set in quickly.

Students and teachers arrived at school the next morning, some just learning of the tragedy. An eerie silence broken by sobs permeated the halls. There were meetings to attend, reporters to attempt to ignore, and finals to take.

Still we wait, praying for some news. We feel helpless and lost. How can we begin grieving when there has been no closure? So we do what we have to. We breathe in and out, put one foot in front of the other, and try to offer comfort to those around us while we seek the same. We wait. We are still waiting.