The study was in disarray (who had let it get like this). Documents, magazines and the grind of coffee beans lay sprawled across the desk I stood over, obscuring whatever it was that i was searching for. I tried the drawer (there was one drawer, and i could not help but open it repeatedly).

In frustration I rose to my feet (when did i seat myself), and fell as my head pounded and my vision swam out of focus.



Outside somewhere, and it's raining. Headlights cut through the night, lighting those drops which cross their path (the lights move across my field of vision). As I stood blinded, music seemed to echo somewhere in the background.

"but I never thought of killing someone..."
(where was it coming from)

My perspective shifted, as though I were situated just in front of my body. I was somehow still aware of myself (only barely) as I moved on again.



Somewhere else, still raining and still night.
This time I was admist trees (the tops rose higher than i could see), and these trees gave off a kind of luminiscent glow (keeping the night at bay). I wasn't sure if I was unable to move, or if the trees advanced and retreated to match my own movements.

Others were there with me (who were they). Their voices seemed familar (someone i knew), but I failed to place them or hear what they were saying (quiet and anxious tones).



Then I was running, through the same woods which tore at my skin and grasped for my legs (did this actually happen). Before long I was sitting outside the woods (they were no longer in sight), though the colours seemed too bright to be real (the grass was a neon green).

I was sitting with someone (i didn't know her), and she complimented me on my lawn coloured eyes.