Lately, I've been remembering how exhilarating it was when my mom decided that we should get the Internet. Way back in 1996-1997 and my 6th grade year. When I first got my Pentium 125MHz (Now sitting in the living room, stripped, awaiting restoration)

I remember how my mom brought how the U.S. Robotics Sportster 36.5 Kbps WinModem and how after we hooked it up we opened up the software package that came with it. It was called Connections I think. We spend hours trying to decided which ISP we should have used and finally settled on Prodigy Internet, personally the promotion they in there was awesome too. I still remember the login/e-mail user name..."allwin." A play on my brother and my name. Later someone told us that "winall" sounded better (Doesn't it?).

After we had set up our account and all that jazz we ran Netscape. Boy that was interesting. We tried all sorts of common sites. I think the site I visited the most during those first months was Yahoo! and Netscape.

Now it seems so mundane. I wish I still had that wild-eyed wonderment I did for nearly 2 months when we first got it. Those were the days when everyone looked at the Internet and saw it like a limitless gold mine. That feeling came back for a bit when we got a cable modem last September, boy we have some nice bandwith now.