Yes, I am a person not to be trusted with Editor Powers. Mea culpa. Mea maxima mondo-culpa. Obviously, I never suspected that nuking one little Guest User would cause the almost total shutdown of the site -- if I had known, I seriously doubt I woulda done it.

What seemed funny afterwards is: I did a lot of the same things that themusic did. I ran straight to Slashdot and started digging around to see if there was some news about what happened to Everything. I tried to occupy my time by reading a few other sites and sending some e-mail, but I kept checking back. I sweated. I cried. I felt invisible spiders crawling under my skin. I cursed whoever stole my Everything from me and swore that I would one day destroy them utterly. And that means, through no one's fault but my own, I now have to hunt myself down one day, slaughter myself like a dog, and carry my severed head through the Colosseum to the cheers of the teeming hordes. Sucks to be me.

I am comforted slightly by the remembrance that accidentally nuking a major part of Everything is a long-standing tradition for editors and gods. Saige once nuked the Page of Cool, pingouin once deleted Everything New Nodes, both moJoe and ailie once zapped one of the main god features from existence, and jessicapierce once destroyed ALL the god powers, rendering us as small and insignificant as you non-editors! Anyway, all those editors and gods appear to have (mostly) survived. In fact, I'd encourage all editors and gods to accidentally nuke an Everything feature at least once in their careers -- and the sooner the better, 'cause I'm getting tired of all this hostile attention! If sensei mails me one more dead rat...