WARNING! BIG TIME SPOILERS! THEY'RE COMING AFTER YOU!


Title: Fire in the Sky
Release Date: June 1997
Writer: Grant Morrison
Penciller: Howard Porter
Inker: John Dell
JLA Members: Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and the Martian Manhunter.
Guest Stars: Zauriel.
Bad Guys: Neron, a couple of demons, and a bunch of angels.
Special Features: First Appearance of Zauriel.

So what happens?
As Neron, Lord of Hell, plots and schemes, an angel falls, in a ball of flame, into San Francisco Bay. The Martian Manhunter calls in an alarm as he goes to investigate, but the Flash gets trapped in a malfunctioning teleporter and without the teleporter, Superman is stuck on the moon.

Back in Frisco, J'onn meets the angel, Zauriel, who requested to be made mortal. But other angels, in the service of very bad and very powerful angel Asmodel, attack--they are handled with little difficulty, but Neron, who is responsible for the malfunctioning teleporter on the moon, lets a couple of demons start pushing the moon into the earth. And Asmodel is preparing to visit earth in his giant chariot/spaceship to kick-start the Apocalypse...

Cool Moments!
Aquaman mistaking Zauriel for ex-Leaguer Hawkman.

Cool Quotes!
Angry angel threatening J'onn: "You will be erased."
Wonder Woman, stomping the angel's head into the dirt: "Really? By whom?"
Martian Manhunter: "Your grammar is impeccable, Wonder Woman. It appears to have stunned him."

Back | Index | Forward