A private evangelical university located in Greenville, South Carolina. It is advertised as a Christian school, but it is more a university for Protestant Christians -- ideally, fundamentalist Protestant Christians, white nationalists, and Christian nationalists. The university was founded in 1927 by Bob Jones, Sr., an evangelist who never graduated from college, but knew that he hated Black people, evolution, and Catholics. The university has frequently come under fire because of adverse publicity of some of their policies, specifically their statements against Catholics and their rules against interracial dating.

The university didn't let Black students enroll until the 1970s -- and then only because the IRS was going to revoke their tax-exempt status. Even then, they'd only enroll married Black people and instituted rules barring interracial relationships. The IRS did revoke their tax exempt status and set it retroactive to 1970 because of their policies of racial discrimination. The university appealed it to the Supreme Court, and when they lost that case, they decided to just pay the back taxes of a million dollars rather than be less racist. 

At one point, the university appointed the founder's great-grandson as university president -- on the very same day he earned his PhD. Student life is extremely strict and conservative. Students are allowed to dress like they're 1950s Baptist preachers or 1950s preachers' wives -- but recently, they did decide to let male students stop wearing ties every day. Alcohol is banned. Sex is banned -- and reporting the widespread sex abuse on campus is really, really, really banned. Watching unapproved entertainment is banned. Having unapproved opinions is banned. The teaching of evolution is banned. Catholics are banned. Gay people are banned. Skipping daily chapel is banned. 

Surprisingly, though they prefer the King James Version of the Bible, they're not KJV-only, like a lot of evangelical churches. 

And depressingly, they're much too successful. Their alumni include many preachers, Congressmen, governors, and school board members. And they'll probably be around long enough to sieg-heil the next fascist president.