So many young people who hear this, and are saddened by the realization, are those self-absorbed depressed teenagers with that nobody-knows-the trouble-I've-seen attitude and fear of responsibility and accountability. Life goes on-- let me tell you-- If you think this is old, you ain't seen nothin yet. Experienced death? heartbreak? Too much work/studying? Too smart for high school? The shit just keeps on coming, and too smart is never smart enough.

I personally consider myself a total freaking idiot. I'm not sure if this is good, or bad, or even true-- but I know enough to value perspective that comes with experience, because it's rarer than you think.

Old people say that youth is wasted on the young, and in the same sentiment I don't consider being young and feeling 'old' as a liability-- Do you realize what most people would have given to know what they know now when they were young? I've dealt with a lot for the few years I've been alive-- some of it bad, but mostly I've been extremely lucky. It's given me a tiny little bit of perspective. Moving out on my 16th birthday, making a life, paying tuition, running a corporation-- It's all stressful, and my friends all wonder why I've given up my teenage years to grow up so fast. This is why:

There is nothing in the world like being immoderately young, moderately thin, and moderately successful in New York City. Life sucks-- but if this is as good as it gets then I might as well enjoy it.

It's impossible to live madcap existence once you get past a certain age, or a certain stage in life. This is why experience acquired during youth is so valuable-- you've got it when you can still use it. They say that experience is the most expensive school of all.