A popular meal for NetHack adventurers. Meatballs are easily created in the Dungeons of Doom by applying a stone to flesh spell on a pile of rocks. The pile of rocks itself can be found in the wake of a rock mole, or you can smash a boulder to bits with a pickaxe or a force bolt spell or a wand of striking.

True, it is possible to simply apply the spell to an entire boulder, and end up with a huge chunk of meat, but it doesn't have as much class as putting the meatballs in a large box, zapping a wand of fire (in desperate times, you can hold the meatballs and read a scroll of fire), and spearing the savoury meatballs with the tip of a dagger. Myself, I like to dice in a carrot or two, a slime mold, possibly a kelp frond, a clove of garlic, and garnish with eucalyptus leaves. Cook with 2 charges of a wand of fire (or hold the box and destroy a flaming sphere), let cool slightly, sit, get out two blessed +2 elven arrows for chopsticks, and enjoy.

Dessert is usually a cream pie, drenched in a potion of booze and seved en flambée. Hold a candy bar over the flames to trickle some chocolate frosting on top. Mmm-mmm....

Number-wise, a meatball is 5 nutrition points. Considering that you can usually eat them 10 or 20 at a time, you can stuff yourself to the gills, especially in the Gnomish Mines, for free. Those blasted shopkeepers will gouge you for 5 zorkmids a pop, but who would buy meatballs from a shopkeeper anyways?