The father of one of my friends knows how to deal with Jehovah’s Witnesses.

One day in late fall, a large, old tree had fallen over on their property, and my friend's father had spent most of the day cleaning up the brush and cutting the tree up into firewood. This was a very old tree, and the center had completely rotted out, leaving a cylinder of wood filled with mostly decomposed wood, mixed with various insects and the like, making for an extremely big mess.

My friend's father was in the house taking a break and getting read to load the wood into his big pickup truck so he could taking it to a friend's house when a pair of Jehovah’s Witnesses showed up at the door. They were very well dressed, wearing long-sleeved white shirts and black dress pants. My friend's father, wanting to get rid of them quickly, but politely, tossed them both a pair of gloves told them to give him a hand.

Much to everyone's surprise, however, the two Jehovah’s Witnesses, perhaps wanting to show that they were willing to work hard in the Lord's Service, put on the gloves and began to help. After about a half hour, all of the wood was loaded. The two Witnesses were absolutely filthy with the decayed wood, their white shirts stained and dirty beyond the power of bleach to clean. My friend's father went inside, brought them both glasses on iced tea, thanked them for their help, then hopped into his truck and drove off.