There's more to this recipe apart from lime and chicken, of course. Quite a bit more in fact, but most people mention the limeyness after trying it, so this title is as good as any.

This stuff is fast, very flavorful and mildly not bad for you. Here's the rundown:

Stuff You'll need

  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1 box Rice-A-Roni plus whatever else you'll need to cook it - you can use any kind really, but I recommend the pilaf
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • 1 lime (or 1/4 cup lime juice)
  • Freshly grated Parmesan (Don't even think about the powdered stuff - I'll find out)
  • Olive oil
  • Basil
  • Salt and pepper

Stuff You Might need

  • Veggies. Peas or corn work, so does spinach.
  • Red Pepper and/or tabasco if you're in the mood

This is the Part that Requires Timing and Coordination

Start making the Rice-A-Roni according to the package directions. Whenever you're supposed to add the rice, add in 1/3 of the lime juice (and the tabasco if you went that route) with it. Throw the contents of the plastic bag in a pan over medium heat and let it cook. As it sizzles away, sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil and (if you were so inclined) red pepper. If you're adding veggies, drop 'em in the pan with the chicken and let the whole thing cook. If you're using frozen veggies you should probably thaw them first.

Once everything is done cooking (probably about 8 minutes) add the chicken (etc.) to the rice. Mix it up. Sprinkle the last 1/3 of the lime juice over the top, add the parmesan, toss it around a bit and you're done.

Cooked this way it comfortably serves two average people.