Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

This shouldn't come as a shock to anybody who spends any amount of time in the catbox - six years on this site and I still manage to mis-message things better kept quiet - but I'm stepping down as Editor-in-Chief.

It was a practical decision. The EiC position was one born out of necessity - managerial responsibilities on E2 were traditionally split between Vision and Day-to-Day Operations with the latter taking cues from the former and generally trying to keep things running while the brains of the outfit worked on the big picture, a scheme that worked perfectly well when the various Directors spent most of their time scheming up new ways to make E2 awesome and less of it keeping the place running.

That system worked perfectly well until Katherine and Alex went through the administrative revolving door - Alex's managerial style is hands-on in a different and, I think, exciting way, and his presence puts the Editor-in-Chief position in an uncomfortable sort of limbo. E2 doesn't work too well with more than one person calling the shots on a day-to-day basis, and there was a danger of the lines of communication getting crossed.

And on a personal level, I have to admit that the administration of this place got in the way of me actually writing for it. I can't promise myself I'm actually going to write more, but I hope that it happens.

I'll still be here, of course, getting back to the janitorial work I think I'm best at as well as in an advisory capacity, and I plan on taking an active role in some of the multimedia stuff we have tentatively planned. I think this is an exciting time to be a part of E2, and I plan on sticking it out.

It was a fun few years.

Be kind.

--Jack