From: Jabberwocky.BLUE
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 2:34 AM
To: the sales department at Halsey Taylor (they make water fountains)
Subject: Just Curious


While I was studying for midterms this week, an interesting question was brought to surface. (It is my theory that many interesting questions are thought up when there are high levels of stress, fatigue, and deadline about)

But let me get to my point... Why do drinking fountains have 2 holes for the water to come out of?

I realize that the sales department is not quite the appropriate place to ask such a question, but it's the only address I've found on short notice, and I figure you could relay it on to appropriate people.

Thank you for any consideration or response you give to this e-mail.

(And by the way, our dorm's drinking fountain is one of yours and has served us well and faithfully... just thought you'd like to know.)





From: the sales department at Halsey Taylor
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 10:13 AM
To: Jabberwocky.BLUE
Subject: RE: Just Curious

Good Afternoon!

Halsey Taylor has been satisfying thirsts since 1912. We are known foremost for our exclusive, patented Double Bubbler which has two separate streams of water that converge at the apex of the arc to provide an abundant pyramid of water. This simply forms a fuller, more satisfying drink for the user. The flow rate is the same with two streams of water or one; however, when the two streams arc together it produces a flatter effect also making it easier for a person to drink from as well as providing a bigger mouthful of water.

Glad Halsey Taylor has served you well over the years. Thank you for your kind comments.